Avurudu closures and must-know info
It’s that time of year again! Good food, good (auspicious) times, and good gifts exchanged with friends and family. It can only be the Tamil-Sinhala New Year 2019! RepublicNext has got a list of must-know facts about closures and hours of operation to help you have an awesome Avurudu long weekend. Subha Aluth Avurudak Wewa! Puthandu Vazthukal!
- 12th April – Banks will be on half day, so call ahead before you make the trip.
- 13th April – Public, bank, and mercantile holiday (day before New Year)
- 14th April – Public, bank, and mercantile holiday (Happy New Year!)
- 15th April – Public and special bank holiday (in lieu of the New Year day on the 14th)
- Get your drink off – All liquor shops in the island will be closed on the 13th and 14th of April. Plan early!
- Licence to party (safely) – The police are going to deploy 8,000 police officers across the island keep the public safe during the festive season. Stay safe out there!