Project underway to assist small-scale rice mill owners

A project is underway to sell paddy stocks purchased by Government Agents to small-scale rice mill owners to strengthen their industry, Minister of Agriculture and Livestock Development P. Harrison told Parliament today.

Another objective of the project, he said, is to release rice to the market at a reasonable price.

Noting that 10% of the paddy is purchased by the Paddy Marketing Board (PMB) and the remaining 90 per cent is purchased by the private sector, Harrison said the initiative especially aims to benefit small-scale rice mill owners.

Tags :

Latest Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *