SJB asks Jasinghe to reveal how many PCR tests were done on VIP staff
ECONOMYNEXT – The Opposition Samagi Jana Balawegaya (SJB) has filed a Right to Information request to the Director-General of Health Services Dr Anil Jasinghe asking for information related to the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic in Sri Lanka.
Speaking to EconomyNext former MP Harsha de Silva confirmed said that the alliance has submitted the request with the signatures of a number of other SJB members, many of hem former Members of Parliament.
The requests are trying to clear up a number of questions that have been circulating but government officials have been refusing to answer.
One important query is how many PCR tests were carried out on the staff of the President’s staff members and the household staff of the Prime Minister.
Questions have also arisen about the number of tests done on the households of other members of the President’s family including that of Basil Rajapaksa the Chief Organiser of the ruling Podujana Peramuna party.
Accordingly, the SJB has requested the following details from the Director-General of Health Services,
- The overall number of PCR tests conducted so far in the country for Covid-19
- The number of Covid-19 infected patients identified by such tests
- Places and dates in which those tests were conducted
- Number of PCR tests done in quarantine centres and the number of patients identified
- Number and dates of PCR tests conducted at President’s Secretariat
- Number and dates of PCR tests conducted at Temple Trees.
- Number and dates of PCR tests conducted in VIP locations.
- Number and dates of PCR tests conducted at random locations.
- The number of PCR testing kits received to conduct those tests and the dates in which they were received.
- The way in which those PCR testing kits were used.
- The number of remaining PCR testing kits available.
- The sources through which those PCR testing kits were given, dates they were given and how they were divided to conduct tests.
- Number of Antibody tests done
- Number of deaths occurred due to Covid-19 infections
- Number of cremations took place under the Quarantine act although the deaths were not due to Covid-19
- Number of deaths occurred at quarantine centres and the names of those quarantine centres (Colombo/May8/2020) Reported by Imesh Ranasinghe