Five die from Coronavirus overnight and all victims are from Colombo – Info Dept
ECONOMYNEXT – The Department of Government Information announced a short while ago that five more people have died of Covid 19 bringing the total death toll to 29. All victims are from the Colombo area.
This is the highest number of fatalities recorded in a single day since the virus entered the island nine months ago.
An announcement from the Department of Government Information said that the details of the deceased are as follows:
– Patient 1 is a 46-year old man who was living in Colombo. He had been warded at the Pimbura hospital and is described as a Kidney patient.
– Patient 2 is a 68 year old woman resident of Wellampitiya who was admitted to the National Hospital in Colombo complaining of a chest pain. She passed away yesterday Nov 4.
– Patient 3 is a 58-year old woman resident in Colombo 12 who had been having chest pains and passed away at her home. She was confirmed as a Covid 19 patient at the post mortem examination.
– Patient 4 is a 73-year old woman resident of Colombo who also died at home. On post mortem it was revealed that she was infected with Covid 19 and succumbed to a lung ailment.
– Patient 5 is a 74 year old male who also died at home. A resident of Colombo 15, it was revealed that he had contracted Covid 19 during the post mortem and died of a heart attack.
The Director General Health Services Dr Asela Guneratne has confirmed that all these deaths are due to the COVID 19 virus, the Information Department said.
(Colombo, November, 5, 2020)
Reported by Arjuna Ranawana