Sri Lanka Covid death toll rises to 66 as 5 die in and around Colombo
ECONOMYNEXT – The death toll from the Covid 19 pandemic in Sri Lanka has risen to 66 today after five more people succumbed to the illness, the Director-General of Health Services Dr Asela Gunewardene said today.
All the dead are from localities in and around the City of Colombo the announcement made by the Department of Government Information said.
The details are as follows:
– A 65-year old man from Colombo 10 who had been treated at the Punani intermediate centre and later transferred to the Welikanda hospital where he passed away from high blood pressure-related complications brought on by Covid 10
– A 69-year old woman who passed away in her home at Ratmalana due to complications brought about by diabetes and high blood pressure due to Covid 19
– A 71-year-old woman who died at her home in Kirulapona in Colombo due to complications brought on by high blood pressure caused by Covid 19.
– An 81-year old woman who passed away at the National Hospital Colombo due to pneumonia brought on by Covid 19
– An 82-year old man who passed away at his home in Dematagoda due to complications brought on by Covid 19.
(Colombo, November 17, 2020)
Reported by Arjuna Ranawana