Twenty suspects were arrested relating to the Easter Sunday bombing over a 24 hour period that ended ending this morning (27).
According to a statement issued by the Police, the locations and number of corresponding arrests are as follows:
- Polonnaruwa 02
- Mirihana 02
- Slave Island 03 ( with swords and knives).
- Colpetty 01 ( with army camouflage suits)
- Bandarawela 01 ( with 2 motorbikes with same plate numbers)
- Kaththankudi 01
- Dehiwala 02 ( with a suspicious motorbike)
- Mawanella 03
- Aluthgama 01
- Puwarasankulam 01
- Wellawatte 03 ( Navy personnel has arrested suspects along with explosives and handed over to Wellawatte police)
It was also identified that, out of the 15 deaths that were recorded last night (26), in the clash in Saindamaradu, Kalmunai, four were suicide bombers. Further investigations are underway.